Where your child can belong to a community, be in the moment, and become who they want to be.
What We Offer
At Unley Community Childcare Centre we believe it’s important for children to have access to spaces for active play in order to build their strength, coordination, balance and overall physical development. Our centre has 2 outdoor play spaces one designed for children under 2 years and one for children over 2 years, this is to ensure that the experiences on offer still offer challenge and risk taking while being safe and age and developmentally appropriate.
Every Wednesday morning Miss Annette attends our centre for Happy Feet! Happy Feet is a fun and educational health and wellbeing session that uses music, dancing, costumes, magic tricks and storytelling to teach children about a range of health and safety subjects including but not limited to dental health, nutrition, and fire safety. Happy Feet is offered to children in the toddler and kindy rooms and is $9.50 per class. If you’re interested in having your child participate in Happy Feet, click here for more information.
We take children’s health, safety and wellbeing seriously and to promote this we have a range of policies and procedures in place to guide us in maintaining a safe and healthy environment. Our centre has nappy changing and child sized toileting facilities, when children are ready we are happy to help families with toilet training information and support. All children are provided with a sun-safe hat upon enrolment, families are charged $10 annually for the cleaning and provision of this hat. Our centre provides sunscreen and nappy cream to children at no extra charge.
- Morning fruit, a cooked meal at lunch, afternoon tea and a late snack
- Centre hat (an annual $10 fee is charged to families for laundering
- Nappy cream
Check out a sample menu.
- includes healthy and nutritious food that is low in sugar and salt
- changes weekly to offer children a wide variety a foods
- features a diverse selection of local and international cuisines
- can be adapted to suit a range of diets (e.g. for allergies or religious reasons).
- a morning snack consisting of milk and fruit
- a cooked meal for lunch served with a side of bread
- afternoon tea (e.g. yoghurt, baked goods, mixed dip platter)
- a lake snack consisting of fruit.
At Unley Community Childcare centre we have developed a COVID safe plan to minimise the risk of the transmission of COVID-19 at our centre and have increased the level of cleaning and sanitising of high traffic areas.
We ask for all families to
- use the centre’s QR code to check in
- wear a mask when on the premises
- utilise the hand sanitiser upon entering and exiting the premises
- maintain social distancing measures at the service.
- if you have any flu or cold like symptoms including a runny nose, cough, sore throat, temperature or fever, or difficulty breathing
- if you are awaiting COVID-19 test results
- if you have tested positive for COVID-19
- if you have visited any COVID-19 hotspots
- if you have travelled interstate
For more information on COVID-19 please select a link below