Belong to a community, be in the moment, become who you want to be
About the Nursery Room
At Unley Community Childcare Centre we have a strong focus on building secure, trusting relationships with families and children. We believe that relationships are essential for cultivating a sense of belonging for your child to feel comfortable in the education and care environment, and for families to feel confident knowing their child is in safe hands.
Our nursery team works closely with families to implement children’s home routines whenever possible in order to provide consistency between home and care.
Our responsive educators provide a warm, nurturing environment for your child to explore, grow, and learn. Providing a program that is rich in sensory experiences for curious babies, songs and fingerplays to promote communication and language development, and physical activity to support your baby as they go from sitting to walking.
To download the nursery room flyer
What to bring
Please ensure your child’s property is clearly labelled to prevent mix ups!
- your child’s water bottle – don’t worry if you forget this one our centre has cooled boiled water and sipper cups available
- spare clothing to accomodate changes in weather, accidents and messy play
- your child’s comfort item if they have one
- 5 named nappies
- if using cloth nappies we ask families to provide a water proof bag that can be closed for storing soiled nappies in
- a water proof bag for other soiled items
- your child’s bottles, milk and/or formula for the day, these must be named and dated. If using breast milk, pouches can be stored in the fridge or kept frozen in the freezer. If using formula, we ask families to premeasure the water and provide portioned formula in a separate container. If using milk or milk alternatives we ask this to be premeasured in your childs bottle.
Note: we cannot wash, sanitise or reuse bottles, please ensure you provide an adequate number of bottles to suit your child’s dietary needs for the day
We kindly ask families not to bring toys to care as these can easily become lost or damaged.