Where your child can belong to a community, be in the moment, and become who they want to be.
In the Toddler Room we have a strong focus on creating a nurturing and safe environment where children can practice new skills, experiment, and develop dispositions such as persistence, and qualities like resilience so children can learn from their attempts and try again.
Our supportive educators use encouragement and modelling to support children to understand their emotions and develop the skills for self-regulation. Our educators encourage children to do things for themselves, assist when needed and promote the development of children’s independence.
Our program has a strong focus on promoting a child’s emerging autonomy and, through our program we encourage children’s curiosity and questions by playing, learning and researching together and by encouraging the children to take on new challenges and persevere to reach their goals.
What to Know
- The Toddler Room uses a ratio of 1 educator to 5 children as required by ACECQA
- We have a Toddler Room Handbook that we encourage all new starters to check out
We ask families to pack the following for their child
- Named nappies 5 each day or if your child is toilet training 5 spare pairs of pants and underwear (named)
- Bottles, breast milk/formula (if needed)
- A drink bottle (optional)
- Spare clothing to accommodate messy play, accidents, and changes in weather
- Your child’s comfort item (e.g. dummy/soft toy) if they have one