One of the many benefits of a not for profit community based children’s centre is the opportunity for parents and staff to manage the centre together.
The Centre is an incorporated body run by a management committee consisting of the Director, Assistant Director, Staff representative and Parent representatives.
The Committee is responsible for the decisions concerning the Centre’s philosophy, finances, educators & staffing, quality of care, maintenance of grounds and building, fees, budget allocations and liaising with other community groups.
Management committee meetings are documented and a summary of the minutes are kept and available for families to access.
We aim to foster mutual support among the Management Committee, Educators, Staff and families. We believe the Management Committee should act in accordance with the philosophy at all times.
- Setting of strategic directions
- Monitoring changes in government policy and community attitudes
- Informing themselves in order to exercise judgement about management and its processes
- Addressing issues relating to risk management
- Approving major investments
- Reviewing performance against targets and objectives
- Developing and monitoring policies which provide direction and boundaries for both its own and the Director’s functions.
- In all its dealings, the committee will maintain high ethical standards and a commitment to Social Justice
The committee is made up of a Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, Director, Assistant Director, a staff representative and committee members who are elected at the Annual General Meeting.
The Management Committee holds its meetings monthly.